Oswego County is located on the southeastern shore of Lake Ontario, Oswego County New York is a great place to own a home. You'll find:
- Friendly towns and villages
- Convenient and well-maintained highways
- Four seasons of outdoor recreation
- Incredible fishing
- Pristine shoreline and wilderness areas
- Historic places that celebrate our nation's heritage
- Great schools and a state university
- Generations of family farms
- And hard-working citizens who are proud of their community!
Throughout the county, you'll discover charming villages, historic sites of national significance and quaint shops. Observe compelling exhibitions, community theatre and colorful festivals. Dine in eclectic restaurants and stay at one of our comfortable and friendly hotels, campgrounds or bed and breakfast inns. At the end of the day, relax on the scenic shores of Lake Ontario and watch the sailboats breeze by or view one of our brilliant sunsets.
As of the census of 2000, there were 122,377 people, 45,522 households, and 31,228 families residing in the county. The population density was 128 people per square mile (50/km²). There were 52,831 housing units at an average density of 55 per square mile (21/km²).
MORE INFO ON OSWEGO COUNTY:
Every housing market is different and unique, to learn more about the housing market in Cortland County contact a local REALTOR®.