NYSAR and GSAR co-sponsored: Register for designation courses at nysarportal.ramcoams.net or see other options at bottom of this page.
Why earn a Designation or Certification?
Increase Your Income – Based on 2011 survey data, the median income of REALTORS® without a designation was $26,900 and the median income of those with at least one designation was $49,300. A difference of $22,400! (source: REALTOR.org)
Gain a Competitive Advantage – you will stand out from your competition with the added expertise you gain from designation courses
Maximize Your Exposure – buyers and sellers can find you by your designation/specialty at REALTOR.com
SCHOLARSHIPS Available : The NYS Real Estate Education Foundation (NYSREEF) provides REALTOR® members with scholarships to participate in national designation programs. Scroll to the bottom of this page for a downloadable application or visit NYSREEF.org for more information. Annual deadlines are July 31 and December 31.
2020 Designation Courses - Syracuse
March 25, (8:30am - 5:30pm )
CE Credit: 7.5 hours Cost: $295members/$325 non-members
Instructor: Russ Romano
Take your business to the next level and gain market share. Provides the building blocks to:
- Create an effective business plan.
- Build support structures using assistants and teams.
- Prospect successfully and tap into niche markets.
- Develop policies to avoid risk.
GRI 4 - Legal
April 22, (8:30 am - 5:30 pm)
CE credit: 7.5 hours Cost: $125 members/$150 non-members
Instructor: Jim Bramen, Esq.
Reduce your risk of claims, fines and lawsuits. Gain a complete understanding of:
- Advertising that is legal and ethical.
- Contracts, forms, deposits, disclosures and record retention.
- Risk management strategies.
- Title insurance and settlement procedures.
June 2-3 (two days, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day)
CE Credit: 12 hours Cost: $295 members / $320 non-members
Instructor: Randy Templeman
NAR’s e-PRO certification program helps REALTORS master the advanced digital marketing techniques of today. With the e-PRO certification REALTORS increase their ability to reach customers, expand their capabilities, and build trust by safeguarding client information
PSA - Pricing Strategy Advisor (certification)
October 14, (9:00 am - 4:30 pm)
CE credit: 6.0 hours Cost: NAR members - $150
Instructor: Roseann Farrow
Enhance your skills in pricing properties, creating CMAs, working with appraisers, and guiding clients through the anxieties and misperceptions they often have about home values with NAR’s Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) certification.
GRI 5 - Buyers
November 4, (8:30 am - 5:30 pm)
CE credit: 7.5 hours Cost: NYSAR members - $125, Non-members - $150
Instructor: Lin Fields
Demonstrate your value to buyers from listing to closing. Satisfies NYS Fair Housing training requirement for license renewal. Learn strategies to:
- Secure more buyer clients.
- Guide buyers through the process from pre-qualifying to closing.
- Assure Fair Housing compliance.
- Keep you, your clients and customers safe.
(GRI-5 satisfies New York State two-hour agency coursework requirement.)
To register for designation courses:
- Download a registration form below
- Register online https://nysarportal.ramcoams.net
- Fax credit card registrations to 518-462-5474
- Mail check registrations to NYSAR, 130 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12210
- Call 800-239-4432 x 219
Please do not send registrations for designation courses to GSAR - we cannot process them.